Law Enforcement Research and Policy Institute
Advancing excellence in professional policing through evidence-based policy and practice.
The Law Enforcement Research and Policy Institute partners with local and state law enforcement agencies to conduct research on salient topics in the field of law enforcement. Topics of interest include evidence-based policing, officer health and wellness, and police-community relations. The Institute assists agencies in identifying evidence-based policies and practices to improve the effectiveness of law enforcement agencies and the services they provide to their communities.
- Florida Sheriffs Association
- Florida Police Chiefs Association
- Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Florida Law Enforcement Research Capacity and Needs Survey 2018
- Agricultural Crime Initiative: Program Evaluation Improve Success in Solving, Preventing, and Prosecuting Agricultural Crime 2004 – 2007
- Article: “Recruiting Millennials” by Steve Hurm, Florida Sheriffs Association “All Points Bulletin” – Vol. 28, Issue 2, Summer 2018
- Steve Hurm interview with Aaron Brooks on WFLA Radio
DIRECTOR | Stephen D. Hurm, J.D.