312 Hecht House
Ph.D. 1976, The University of Connecticut, Storrs; Political Science
M.P.A. 1971, Baruch College, City University of New York
B.A. 1968 Bucknell University; Political Science
- Introduction to the Courts
- Introduction to Research Methods and Statistics
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Honors in Criminology: Democracy and the Courts
- The Courts and Social Policy
- Honors in Criminology: Criminal Justice: Law and Politics
- Pride and Prejudice: Problems of Justice in an Inter-Racial Society
- Diversity and Justice
- Structure and Process of the American Court System
- Introduction to Research Methods and Design
- Crime, Deviance, and Control
- Courts and Social Policy
- Comparative Criminal Justice
- Applied Statistics I
- Public opinion and the criminal justice system
- Organization politics and the courts
- Comparative courts
- Interest groups
- Voting behavior
- Cole, George F. and Marc Gertz Forthcoming The Criminal Justice System: Politics and Policies, 10th Edition. Belmont, California: Wadsworth.
- Pickett, Justin, Daniel Mears, Marc Gertz, and Eric Stewart Forthcoming "Security at the Expense of Liberty: A Test of Predictions Deriving from the Culture of Control Thesis." Crime and Delinquency.
- Mears, Daniel, Justin Pickett, Kristin Lavin, Ted Chiricos, and Marc Gertz Forthcoming "The Effect of Interracial Contact on Whites' Perceptions of Victimization Risk and Black Criminality" Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency.
- Pickett, Justin, Ted Chiricos, Kristin Lavin, and Marc Gertz 2012 "Reconsidering the Relationship Between Perceived Neighborhood Racial Composition and Whites Perceptions of Victimization Risk: Do Racial Stereotypes Matter?" Criminology 50: 145-186.
- Johnson, Brian, Eric Stewart, Justin Pickett, and Marc Gertz 2011 "Ethnic Threat and Social Control: Examining Public Support for Judicial Use of Ethnicity in Punishment." Criminology 49: 441-442.
- Mears, Daniel, Christina Mancini, Kevin Beaver, and Marc Gertz Forthcoming "Housing for the 'Worst of the Worst' Inmates: Public Support for Supermax Prisons." Crime and Delinquency.
- Tittle, Charles, Lisa Broidy, and Marc Gertz 2008 "Strain, Crime, and Contingencies." Justice Quarterly 25: 283-312.
- Mears, Daniel, Christina Mancini, Marc Gertz, and Jason Bratton 2008 "Sex Crimes, Children, and Pornography: Public Views and Public Policy." Crime and Delinquency 54: 532-559.
- Mears, Daniel, Carter Hay, Marc Gertz, and Christina Mancini 2007 "Public Opinion and the Foundation of the Juvenile Court." Criminology 45: 223-257.
View complete vita - PDF format