Click here to view career opportunities with the State of Florida
Examples of job titles you can search under:
- Administrative Law Judge/Adjud/Hearing Officer
- Arbitrators and Mediators
- Claims Adjuster, Examiner & Investigator
- Community and Social Service Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Correctional Enforcement
- Detectives and Criminal Investigators
- First Line Supervisor/Manager of Correctional enforcement
- First Line Supervisor/Manager of Law Enforcement/Detective
- Law Clerks
- Law Enforcement
- Paralegal and Legal Assistants
- Probation Officer and Correctional Treatment Specialist
- Protective Service Workers-Non-Sworn
- Rehabilitation Counselors
- Security Guards
- Social and Human Service Assistants
- Tax Examiner, Collector, and Revenue Agent
Florida Department of Corrections
Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
Career Opportunities with Leon County
Leon County Courthouse
Leon County Sheriff’s Department
Jobs include patrol, administration, bailiff positions, and jobs within Leon County Jail.
United Way of the Big Bend
The United Way of the Big Bend serves eight counties surrounding FSU, and includes agencies in the areas of drug and alcohol treatment, human services, homeless, at-risk youth, and legal aid.
Career Opportunities with Regional Abuse Clinics/Shelters/Youth Services
Florida Sheriff’s Youth Ranches
P: 386.8425501 or 800.765.3797
Locations in Live Oak, Barberville, Safety Harbor, Bradenton/Sarasota, Bartow, and Yankeetown.
PACE Center for Girls
There are 17 centers in Florida: Escambia-Santa Rosa, Leon, Jacksonville, Alachua, Marion, Volusia- Flagler, Orange, Polk, Pasco, Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee, Lee, Collier at Immokalee, Treasure Coast, Palm Beach, and Broward.
Refuge House of Leon County, Inc.
Career Opportunities with Loss-Prevention Agencies and Security Services
Regional, national and international employment opportunities.
Guardsmark Security Services
Employment opportunities available throughout the U.S.
Most major retailers hire loss prevention officers.
Career Opportunities with the Federal Government
Federal Job Opportunities
Use this web site to search for federal law enforcement jobs. Here are examples of job titles you can search for:
- Civil Rights Analyst
- Clerk of Court
- Consumer Safety Officer
- Correctional Officer
- Corrections Institutions Administrator
- Criminal Investigator
- Custom and Border Protection Air Interdiction Agent
- Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Customs Entry and Liquidating Officer
- Customs Inspection
- Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist
- Equal Opportunity Assistant
- Equal Opportunity Compliance Specialist
- Fish and Wildlife Administrator
- Foreign Law Specialist
- Game Law Enforcement Officer
- General Investigator
- Highway Safety Specialist
- Intelligence Aid/Clerk
- Intelligence Analyst/Specialist
- Internal Revenue Agent
- Internal Revenue Officer
- Police Officer/Federal Protective Officer
- Security Clerk/Assistant
- Security Guard
- Social Science Specialist
- Social Science, Psychology and Welfare
- Social Services Aid/Assistant
- Social Worker
Additional Career Opportunities
The Criminal Justice/Mental Health Consensus Project
Offices in New York, Maryland, Texas, and Washington
The Urban Institute
Career Opportunities at Florida State University
College of Criminology and Criminal Justice Internship Program
The internship program gives students work experience that counts as academic credit. For the designated semester, students work 40 hours per week for an affiliated agency within the fields of criminology or criminal justice.
Center for Criminology and Public Policy Research
As an interdisciplinary academic institution engaged in real-world research, the Center for Criminology and Public Policy Research fosters a unique intellectual and collaborative environment in which Center staff bring their practical project experience into the classroom and College faculty bring their theoretical perspectives and expertise to the research activities of the Center. The Center provides excellent opportunities for graduate students to gain a diverse array of experience and perspectives while training to be tomorrow’s leaders in academia, policymaking, and criminal justice practice.