Crime Victim Research & Policy Institute
Advancing research and evidence-based practice for victims of crime.
The Crime Victim Research & Policy Institute is committed to advancing research on victimization and its consequences and collaborating with victim service professionals to develop evidence-based, victim-focused policies. The Institute is dedicated to: (1) Fostering partnerships between researchers and victim service providers, (2) Conducting research to advance knowledge on victimization and its consequences, (3) Improving services to victims, (4) Giving victims and service providers a voice in policy and practice recommendations, and (5) Informing victim-focused policies at the local, state, and national levels.
- Florida Office of the Attorney General
- Palm Beach County Victim Services
- Gender-Bias Motivated Fatal Shootings of Women in Florida, 2020
- A Comprehensive Assessment of Deadly Mass Shootings, 1980-2018
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Related Deaths Demonstration Project 2017 – 2020
- Stars of Hope Survivor Program Impact Study
- Individual, Institutional, and Community Sources of School Violence: A Meta-Analysis 2016 – 2017
- Exploratory Study of Elder Financial Exploitation 2015 – 2016
- Evaluation of the Palm Beach County Domestic Violence Homicide Prevention Demonstration Initiative 2013 – 2014
- Consumer Fraud Project 2004 – 2006
DIRECTOR | Jillian Turanovic, Ph.D.
CO-DIRECTOR | Krista R. Flannigan, J.D.