Admissions Checklist for Joint Degree with Public Administration
Joint Master’s Degree in Criminology and Criminal Justice and Public Administration
To be considered for admission to the FSU joint College of Criminology and Criminal Justice master’s degree program in criminology and public administration, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A baccalaurate degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least a 3.25 GPA for the final two years of undergraduate work.
- Most Students accepted into our program have GRE scores between 148 and 160 on both the verbal and quantitative tests. Please note that the GRE score is one element of your application and the program considers the entire file in making a determination of admission.
- International students whose native language is not English must take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) and score at least 600 on the paper-based test or at least 250 on the computer-based test or at least 100 on the new internet-based ibTOEFL test. Applicants may be asked to confirm their scores by retaking the exam when they arrive at FSU.
To apply for admission, please submit the following materials.
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Send two copies to:
A2500 University Center
Tallahassee, FL 32306-2400
- Official GRE scores: FSU institution code is 5219. Check the GRE website for additional information.
- Three letters of reference (preferably academic references)
- Personal statement of 300-500 words describing your background, career plans, and interest in the fields of criminology and criminal justice. Send to the Graduate Program Office in the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice.
- Completed graduate application
- Application fees can be paid online or sent to:
P.O. Box 5000
Tallahassee, FL 32314-5000
- International students must submit a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score. Check the TOEFL website for additional information.
- Complete application process for the School of Public Administration. Check their website for admission requirements.