The undergraduate program at the College of Criminology and Criminal Justice is one of the nation’s best at producing critical, independent thinkers. Whether you’re interested in pursuing a Ph.D., J.D., or your State Officer Certification, we are certain you’ll find the crime-fighting tools you need right here.
What makes our undergraduate program unique is its accessibility – students can study on-campus or on-line – and adaptability across a diverse range of career options. Although FSU Criminology’s specific focus is producing research that informs public policy, we’ve partnered with some of the best criminal justice agencies and professionals to ensure our students are placed in the top agencies which help shape America’s response to crime.
Looking for evidence? Check out our Career Development Program. You’ll find endless resources to set you on the path to success.
Criminology & Criminal Justice Requirements
To graduate with a major in criminology and criminal justice, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Complete a total of 36 semester hours in criminology.
- Make a grade of C or better in the three core courses: CCJ 2020, CCJ 3011, CCJ 4700.
- Maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 and receive no more than two grades below C- in criminology coursework.
- Complete the requirements necessary to earn a minor or second major in another department or program, or complete the requirments for the internship in criminology.
- Earn at least 27 (of the 36) semester hours in CCJ coursework directly from the College. (A maximum of 9 semester hours may be transferred in to the major.)
- Fulfill University requirements for either a bachelor of arts (BA) or the bachelor of science (BS) degrees.
Note: Major requirements vary depending on the year in which you entered the University. Click below to view your academic year requirements.
- Criminology Major Requirements for Fall 2006 to Present
- Criminology Major Requirements for Fall 2005, Spring 2006, Summer 2006
- Criminology Major Requirements for Fall 2004, Spring 2005, Summer 2005
- Criminology Major Requirements for Fall 2003, Spring 2004, Summer 2004
For more information or assistance in creating a coursework plan, contact an undergraduate academic advisor.